It’s Thursday again and here we are, sharing a moment.
Thanks for being here, if you weren’t, it would feel so empty.
When we talk about your “love life,” we’re keenly aware that you may be in a relationship you love, you may be in one you hate, you may not be in one and wanting one, or you may be happy all by your sexy self.
Whichever it is for you, the question, “What do you do to keep your love life alive?” still applies.
We share our own experiences because that’s right where we are, smack dab in the middle of our own relationship, day-in and day-out. (Yes sometimes we’re in the middle of yours too, but only when you’re on the red couch doing some coaching.)
As a caveat, when we say DM (dominant masculine thinker) or DF (dominant feminine thinker) we are in no way saying that you are only one-or-the-other. You have the full spectrum of masculine and feminine inside of you and at different times and places you’ll be more masculine or more feminine. When it comes to your love life with another person, this is where you simply MUST understand what your dominant thinking type is because it takes one-of-each for the passion to sizzle.
Here’s the quiz if you don’t know which type is your dominant…
This is the way I, Jack-the DM, keep our love life alive:
- I listen deep to my DF. Now you may wonder what the hell “listening deep” means, listening deep is paying attention when your DF is talking to you by stopping whatever you’re doing and paying attention (read our last blog to understand this better). This is a big deal with keeping the passion alive between you and your SO (sig other).
- I plan a date night every single Friday night. Does this mean we’ve never had a boring date night, nope, it doesn’t. Occasionally Friday night date night is a damn dud! When I say “plan,” I mean it. Keep it interesting and varied. If you need some good ideas, you’ve got a friend in GOOGLE…use it.
- Whenever I’m out and about I keep my eye open to buy little gifts for Tiff that I know will brighten her day. Sometimes it’s something she needs, other times it’s something that’s simply to surprise and delight her. I love to pay attention to the things she may have run out of and buy her a new one before it’s gone so she won’t have to worry about getting out and getting it bought.
- I make love to her like she’s the QUEEN (because she is). I take my time, lots of it, and infuse her body with pure LOVE. I take the lead in sex and don’t ask her what she wants because I should already know that. If I expect her to tell me what she wants when we’re IN an intimate setting, it turns her off and the mood is shot. If I have questions about what feels good to her, I’ll talk to her about that in casual conversation. The DF wants to know that the DM knows what they (the DM) are doing and what they want. It’s a huge turn on.
- I tell her how beautiful she is and exactly what I love about her. It could be the way her makeup looks or her hair that day. Maybe it’s the way she smells. There’s so much I adore about her that I could go on-and-on. The most important part is that I speak up about it.
- One important thing I do to keep our love life alive is to practice keeping my ego in check and not being defensive. My defensiveness kills a good time faster than you can say “mood-killer.”
- Last but not least, I take care of my health and body, keep a good balance between work and fun, get enough rest, meditate, and eat well most of the time.
The way Tiff-the-DF, keeps our love life alive:
- She makes the most amazing food. I don’t know how she does it, but she does! I love good food, and Tiff rules my world with her cooking.
- Tiff opens herself up to me and allows me to take the lead and to GIVE to her. She’s magnificent at “receiving.” Even when we’ve had a misunderstanding and things get a little heated, Tiff is willing to move through the conflict to resolution and then, of her own volition, she opens her heart to me again. This is a HUGE piece to our love life.
- She willingly goes along with me on new adventures, and tries new things, which means she trusts me to LEAD. It’s a BIG deal!
- She tends to herself in the most delightful ways…her hair, her makeup, her clothing, her scent…all of this keeps passion between alive.
- She takes time for herself doing things she loves to do.
- She tells me how much she appreciates what I do for her, often. This is HUGE! It just makes me want to do more and more and more.
What about you, what do you do? We’d like to hear from you if you’re single, too. Everyone needs to feel loved, so whether you’re in a romantic relationship or not, what do you do to feel loved and alive in love?
P.S. If you aren’t in a relationship you love, don’t forget you have the Universe, working in your behalf, to assist you in having what you want. Just ask the Universe to bring it in. What you want, wants you. You are the creator of your world through the thoughts you think, and you too can most definitely have the relationship you want.