Do you think you should kiss on the first date? Why or why not?
My first kiss with Jack was the most amazing kiss I’ve ever experienced. It happened 3 years after we met. I hadn’t ever felt so connected to another soul as I did with his.
It was like our lips were created for each other and I had finally come home. After all these years we cannot keep our lips off of each other.
Here are some fun facts about kissing…
- When you kiss someone for the first time, you get a spike in the neurotransmitter dopamine, making you crave more.
- Two thirds of people tilt their head to the right when they kiss.
- When you kiss someone your heart beats faster and more oxygen reaches your brain.
- Endorphins released during kissing bring on waves of euphoria
- Kissing triggers the release of oxytocin in your body.
- kissing in a relationship is related to how satisfied people say they are in that relationship.
- The world record for the longest kiss stands at well over two days.
- Your lips have a disproportionate number of nerve endings compared to other parts of your body.
- When your lips touch someone else’s 5 out of 12 of your cranial nerves are engaged.
- Over time, kissing lowers your levels of stress hormone cortisol, making you feel all safe and secure.
- Most people remember their first kiss more vividly than the first time they had sex
Now, go kiss someone.